Pages

Saturday 8 March 2008

Meet Wonky the Elephant

Not long ago I posted that I had been trying to learn how to crochet so I could have a go at amigurumi style critters as I really loved it, some of you will remember anyway. Well I finished my first ever project a couple of days ago. I almost didn't as it looked silly to me but the other half said I might as well, and I did say I'd finish it no matter what.

It's ugly, wonky, messy, deformed but hey...... I shouldn't be too hard on myself as a couple of weeks ago I didn't even know how to crochet. :P I'm pleased I did it though as I've learnt a few things to hopefully improve on for future projects and that's what I hoped to achieve.

It probably wasn't the easiest of things to start with either, most people start with a scarf or something and I start with an elephant. :P

7 comments:

Kittypinkstars said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! You did fab!! I love his wonkiness too! You rock girl!

Twiggy said...

Hey well done you, I think he's gorgeous and really cute, I've just knitted my first rabbit (it's teeny) - who is a bit erm wonky too :) but big RESPECT to you for crocheting your ellie, I'm still crotcheting scarves, badly - lol
I think the wonkyness (is that a word ?) of handmade stuff makes it special, if people want perfection let em buy mass produced stuff with no personality. Well done
Twiggy x

cutedesigns said...

Oh thanks Kitty. :)

cutedesigns said...

Thanks Twiggy. :) I think I agree with you about wonkiness adding to the personality of handmade goods. I don't think Wonky would be quite the same if he was perfect. :P

And respect to you too for knitting. I just could not get the hang of knitting at all much to my disappointment. :(

periwinkle said...

Hi, I think your elephant looks great, well done you on learning to crochet. Everything I make looks wonky too-- gives them more character I think.
Have a nice weekend. Lisa x

cutedesigns said...

Oh thanks Lisa. :) It feels quite an accomplishment to have actually made something. :P

I'm working on my second project now which I think is looking neater this time so already an improvement. :)

Tizzalicious said...

I think it looks great for someone who just learned! There's no way I could do that!