Pages

Sunday 9 March 2008

My second crochet project...

Aw I finished my second crochet amigurumi project this afternoon and just taken some pictures of it although it all got a bit chaotic. :P This time it was a hamster pattern I followed and it went pretty smoothly. :) Quite enjoyed doing this critter. Think it was easier so maybe I should have started with one instead of the elephant but nevermind.

Here's Hammie the Hamster. :) He was just sitting there minding his own business happy to be alive and finished with all his limbs sewn on when suddenly.......

A big furry thing going by the name of Hiro came walking up. Hammie froze not quite knowing that to do. His heart was beating fast..... Hiro gave him a good sniff but then carried on about his business and walked straight past him. Hammie breathed a sigh of relief but to his horror it wasn't over yet........

Hiro's brother and partner in crime Ando had spotted the little hamster and moved in for the kill before poor Hammie had a chance to scurry away. Eeek! It was a rush to save Hammie but we got to him in time and he was fine.

No hamsters were injured during the making of this blog post!

8 comments:

debsmuddle said...

Great hamster and very handsome cat.And it's your fault I have ordered a book on these crochet animals.

cutedesigns said...

Aw thanks. :D I was pleased with how the hamster turned out. :)

I'll pass on the compliments to the kittens. :D I describe Hiro as being handsome and Ando as being pretty. :P

Oooo........ great stuff! I hope you have as much fun as me so far crocheting, which book have you ordered? I have a couple but there's a couple more I'd like to get. :)

Kittypinkstars said...

It's fantastic!!!!!! You did so well! Aww and the kitty is super cute too!!

Tizzalicious said...

This one turned out super great!

Karen Jinks said...

Oh I've just started too, taken me three days to work out how to get the stitches right and I've still counted them all wrong, it's going to be a very deformed looking teddy, maybe we should set up a support group lol! You've done a great job of the hamster though :D

cutedesigns said...

Oooooo...... good luck to you with your crochet teddy. :) Yeah my stitches went abit wrong with my elepphant but I carried on.

Well I live near you, we could do a crochet support group, lol.

Twiggy said...

Ha ha great hammy and very funny photos, what a cheeky puss !!
twiggy x

ppdesigns said...

so cute!! hmmm maybe it could be friends with my blue blobble :)